Published by Hachette India on January 1st 1970
On a sultry night, on a deserted lawn overlooking a moonlit Taj Mahal, two strangers make passionate love and promise never to meet again... But promises are meant to be broken, right?
This is the story of Dushyant Singh Rathore - the 30-something bestselling author of Kinda Cliched, a blockbuster romance novel based on his one night of bliss with a girl whose name he does not know. Under pressure to produce a money-spinning sequel - from his obsessive fans, his hit-seeking publisher and a sceptical journalist ready to expose the true-story angle as a marketing gimmick - he sets off, three years on, to find the elusive girl whom he had promised never to seek out.
When his quest, many twists and turns later, leads him to the unlikeliest of places, Dushyant discovers there's a little more to this love story than he had anticipated. Will Dushyant get a second chance at love? What if the wrong girl was really always the right one for him?
Delightful, unconventional, heart-warming, You've Got the Wrong Girl! is a roller-coaster ride through love, lust and everything in between.
As a part of the tour I thought we could do a fun activity.
The book follows an author who is inspired a chance meeting with a girl to write a book. It made me think. which author would I have liked to have spent some time with before they became famous?
I for one would have liked to spend time with J.K.Rowling and maybe Chetan Bhagat before he became famous.
J.K.Rowling because she was going through such a tough time. I think it would have made me appreciate her writing even more. I would have liked to have been there to support her when she got those rejections.Telling her to hang in there because what she had written was not just a book, it was a phenomenon. Something everyone who has read her first book would have realized.
Chetan Bhagat is one author whose writing style I’m not really fond of. I think I would have liked to have spent time with and maybe edited his works? I would definitely want to push him to write in his novels a story as rich as the cinematic screenplays of his books. One thing I would have done for sure is I would have torn the manuscript of One Night at the Call Center or somehow made it a murder mystery.
WHICH AUTHOR WOULD YOU WANT TO HAVE MEET BEFORE THEY HAD BECOME FAMOUS?
5 WINNERS win a copy of You’ve Got The Wrong Girl and one more book from the choices listed below.A total of 2 books for each winner. INDIA ONLY.
- The giveaway prizes will be provided by Hachette India, subject to availability.
- Hachette India is not responsible for prizes that are lost in the mail.
- The giveaway will be in India ONLY.
- Any disputes arising from this contest are subject to jurisdiction in Delhi.
- Winners will be determined by the management of Hachette India. The decision of the management will be final and no queries will be entertained in this regard.
- The entries may be screened for defamatory content/language. Hachette India reserves the right for last minute cancellation and change in terms and conditions.
- Participants should be Indian residents.
- The contest will start on 10th March 2016 at midnight and end on 30th April, 2016 at midnight. No late entries will be accepted.
- Spam entries or entries that are not valid will be immediately disqualified
- There will be five (5) Each winner will win a copy of You’ve Got the Wrong Girl as well as one of the titles listed below
- A Man called Ove by Frederik Backman
- The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
- Headscarves and Hymens by Mona Eltahawy
- The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez
- The Temporary Bride by Jennifer Klinec
- The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
- The Grownup by Gillian Flynn
- The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
- Too Good to be True by Sheila O’ Flanagan
- Each winner will get a total of two books, subject to availability.
- All entries that are only entered in the Rafflecopter widget will be valid.
- Number of entries for each task has been provided in the Rafflecopter widget. Every person who enters the giveaway needs to do at least one task that is listed above for their entry to be valid.
- Winner has 48 hrs to respond to intimation by Hachette India before another winner is chosen.
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are in no way associated with this giveaway.
- Blog Tour hosts cannot enter the giveaway.
- The same giveaway is being hosted on all blogs. There is no separate giveaway on all blogs.